Saturday, March 10, 2012

tile mania.

Since moving in last May, we had the pleasure of staring at some retro wallpaper in our kitchen.


I finally had enough of it and tore it down one weekend last summer.  While it was a slight improvement, the bare laminate backsplash was still a sight for sore eyes.


Then we began demo on our kitchen in January of this year.  The laminate backsplash came down to uncover some nasty epoxy residue.  Things have to get worse before they get better, right?!


The new cabinets and counters were a slight distraction but I couldn't help but cringe at the sight of my beautiful new kitchen paired with those grungy walls.  I'm all for the rustic vibe but this was a little much.


Until today...


We still have to grout it all but I think this has been my favorite update of the entire two month kitchen reno process.


Holy bright white kitchen.  I love you.  My cleaning habits will definitely need to be kicked up a few notches but that's not such a bad thing.


Open shelves will be installed on this wall...


We still need to install the crown moulding.


And replace these old windows...


...but, for now, I will enjoy my clean, bright, new space!


3 comments:

  1. Lovely Liz! Like your long drawers in your cabinets. Beats the tiny drawers in my house. Very nice. You can always add any pop of color you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through YHL – your kitchen looks great! I've always been a fan of white kitchens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow -- haven't had time to check back in a while and now suddenly those yucky walls are gone! "Holy bright white kitchen" for real!!! Looks great, and I'm looking forward to seeing the shelves up and all the kitchen contents in their place.

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you!