Tuesday, May 31, 2011

wedding weekend

It’s weekends like this past one that makes it so difficult to get back into the swing of our day-to-day routine:  waking up to an alarm clock, seeing my boys for only 30 minutes in the morning, going to work, being stuck indoors, wilting under fluorescent lights, riding the T, and rushing to get dinner served in attempts at having a solid hour to hang with James before he konks out.  (I’m not asking for pity here – I’ve seen a lot and know I have nothing to complain about.)

Both Joe and I took Friday off – turning a 3-day-awesome-holiday-weekend into a 4-day-even-awesomer-holiday-weekend.  Joe’s Mom flew in from Cincinnati and was able to see us and James for only the second time since he was born.  I miss James and am amazed at how much he changes overnight – I can’t imagine how it is for her to go several months without seeing the little nugget.  My brother, Jim, got married on Saturday so we headed down to Plymouth on Friday afternoon to begin the festivities.  First stop:  Woods.  I inhaled a lobster.  Joe and his Mom are not seafood people.  They were probably disgusted watching me attack that beautiful juicy, red, crustacean but it didn’t stop me.  I had butter and lobster-goo dripping down to my elbows.  Luckily, I think James distracted them from my classiness.
Friday night, Joe's mom was on James duty while Joe and I went out with my family and acted like we were on spring break.  It's a good thing for everyone involved that I left my camera at the hotel.  In summary, we went to East Bay Grille, depleted their liquor supply, watched the Bruin's make it to the Stanley Cup Finals, moseyed on over to Sam Diegos for an unnecessary burrito and some more unnecessary drinks, and then finally made it back to the hotel.  5:30am came around pretty dang fast - James had a bottle and, because he is the sweetest kid ever, he fell back to sleep for a few more hours.

Saturday afternoon, we sluggishly took a stroll for some fresh air and pics.  We took James to see Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower.  He wasn't impressed but liked playing in the grass and watching strangers walk by.

He also liked getting some more q-t with Grandma. 
 After James' history lesson, we headed down to my family's cottage on Widgeon Pond for lunch.
After lunch, James suggested we head back to the hotel so we could take a nap before getting ready for the wedding.  Seriously, baby of the year.  Refreshed, showered, and only slightly-hungover, we headed to the wedding.

It was a perfect day for a wedding.  Everyone behaved themselves...especially these dolls:
...and these beauties:
I wonder how many years it will be before we can get them to sit together and all look at the camera at the same time...
Adults attended the wedding too but I don't think they'd be as happy if I posted their pics without authorization.  But here's one of the hot couple...
It was great to spend time with the family - immediate and extended.  It's always a shit show laugh riot when we get together - which we plan on doing more often now that we know the little ones behave better than the adults.  Until then, we'll pass the time by going to work and trying to earn some loot to pay for our next weekend getaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love to hear from you!